Tuesday, February 19, 2019

New Physics talk

Recently I was invited to give a Quantum Information Seminar at Physics department of Syarcuse University, NY. There was a broad audience from high energy physics to cosmology, quantum chemistry, gravity and black holes and quantum computation, both experimentalists and theorists. My talk was about a new correspondence we found recently between physics and information. Below you can find my abstract, for questions contact me. 


New Physics from Quantum Information Theory by Dr. Mohammad Ansari

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Room: 202 Physics Bldg.
In quantum physics physical quantities are linear in density matrix, e.g. energy, current, spin, etc. However, this is not the case in quantum information theory as  informational measures are nonlinear functions in density matrix; examples are entropy, fidelity loss, purity, etc.  Is there any way to measure information in the lab using physical quantities? This is an important question that I’ll address in this talk. I’ll present a new correspondence between entropy and physical quantities. I will  discuss how this correspondence may introduce new physics in quantum heat engines, quantum computation, black holes, etc..

Dr. Mohammad Ansari, Julich Research Center, Germany
Host: Britton Plourde. Contact: Yudaisy Salomon Sargenton - phyadmin@syr.edu

No comments: